How to Fix Auto Update Problem in Microsoft Office 2013?
Microsoft Office 2013 suite of applications makes your everyday task in office a lot easier. Microsoft keeps releasing regular updates to make the software more advanced with the evolving technology. Keeping the software up to date obviously has many advantages for users. Turning on the automatic update for Office can help you keep the software updated.
Sometimes, automatic updates for Microsoft Office 2013 do not work after installing the software. This problem is observed by a number of users who in simple steps can get it quickly resolved.
If you are experiencing this problem, firstly check if the automatic updates are working. To do this, follow these steps (depending upon your PC’s Operating System):
For Microsoft Windows 7:
- Click Start à In the Search Box, type Task Scheduler à Press Enter.
- Expand Task Scheduler Library à Choose Microsoft à Click on Office.
In the top-middle window, check if you have Office Automatic Updates listed as a task.
For Microsoft Windows 8:
- Windows Home screen à type Schedule Tasks in the Search Box à Click on Settings.
- Click on Schedule Tasks.
- Expand Task Scheduler Library à Explore Microsoft à Click Office.
- In the top-middle window, see if a task “Office Automatic Updates” is listed there.
If the task is listed, you are receiving regular automatic updates. But, if you can’t see it, you can run an online repair:
Microsoft Office Online repair for Windows 7:
- Click Start à Choose Control Panel à Then Programs à Select Programs and Features.
- Click the Office 2013 program that you want to repair à Click Change.
- Click Repair à Then, Continue à click Online Repair (it may take some time as Office 2013 would need to re-download several components).
Online repair for Windows 8:
- See a list of commands and options by pressing Windows button + X.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Choose the office 2013 program that you want to repair à Click Change.
- Click Repair à Click Continue à Click Online Repair (the process may take some time and Office 2013 would need to re-download different components.
Note: You may be required to restart your computer after the process is complete.
The entire process may get too technical for an amateur, but no worries as Microsoft Office 2013 tech support experts at Geek Squares are always ready for your assistance. Dial (800) 624-4491 for all Microsoft Office 2013 related technical support.