How to Install & Update built-in Brother Printer Drivers Wirelessly or through USB
Some Brother printers have built-in drivers to support basic functions. In this case, you don’t need to download Brother Printer drivers online. If your PC is running Windows 8 or later systems, following the steps here will help.
- The steps to install built-in drivers depend on how you connect your Brother printer to your PC – via USB or Network Connection. For network connection, your printer must support this feature.
- You must have a working internet connection to install built-in drivers.
Brother Printer Driver Via USB:
You don’t need to follow any steps here. If your Brother printer is connected to the PC via USB, the built-in driver can be installed automatically. The only thing that you need to do is to use a USB cable to connect your printer to your PC.
Brother Printer Driver Install Via Network Connection:
Follow these steps to install the driver when using network connection:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound, and then Devices and Printers.
- Choose “Advanced printer setup”.
- Select your printer model name and click Next.
If your printer model name is not listed there, follow these steps:
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed -> Next.
- Choose Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname -> Next.
- Type the IP address of the Brother machine in ‘Hostname or IP address’ field.
- Check the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use option -> Next.
- A pop-up window will appear. Choose Brother from the Manufacturer list -> select model name from the list -> Next.
(if you can’t find your Brother printer on the list, click Windows Update to update the list.)
- Click Next buttons, and finally finish.
How to update Brother printer? (ref: http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=ca&lang=en&prod=p750weus&faqid=faqp00100041_000)
You can upgrade the firmware to the latest version using the P-touch Update Software (download from here http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=ca&lang=en&prod=p750weus).
Follow these steps to update the firmware:
- Turn the printer on and connect the USB cable.
- Do this –
- For Windows 10:
From Start -> All Apps -> Brother P-touch -> P-touch Update Software. OR, Double-Click P-touch Update Software on the desktop.
- For Windows® 8 / Windows® 8.1:
On Apps screen, click P-touch Update Software OR double-click P-touch Update Software on the desktop
- For Windows Vista® / Windows® 7:
Double-click the P-touch Update Software icon.
- Double-click Machine update
- Select your printer. Ensure the machine is connected correctly. Click OK.
- Select Language -> select the check box next to firmware to be updated -> Click Transfer.
- Check the content to be updated and click Start.
- A pop-up will appear showcasing the update.
- Click OK to complete the update.