How to Setup and Install Lexmark Printer, and Update Drivers
Installing Lexmark printer is an easy process that you can do using the CD that comes with it, or download the software from www.lexmark.com.
Installation using the CD:
- Close all software applications.
- Insert the CD to install the software.
- You can see the Lexmark CD icon on your desktop, double-click that. The Lexmark installer dialog will open. On this dialog are Install icon and Help installer icon.
- Double click the install icon.
- Complete the authentication notice -> click OK.
(Note: You can click to access help.)
- Click Continue. You will be guided through the Read Me files.
- Click Continue and you will be guided through the license agreement.
- Choose your preferred language from the pop up menu at the top.
- Click Continue -> Agree -> Continue.
- Select the destination to install your printer software -> Continue -> Install.
- If the language you chose is not supported, choose one in which the software will be installed, and click Continue.
- Choose a Country or Region -> Continue.
- When the installation is complete:
- You can register your printer on the internet.
- Print a page to verify if the printer is working properly.
- Check the Lexmark website for offers.
- Click Finish. A reminder that the printer is supported only in Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later may appear.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Close the installer dialog. A folder for your Lexmark printer will be created on the desktop.
Installation using the World Wide Web:
- You can do it using the Lexmark Web site at www.lexmark.com.
- Navigate through the menu selection on the home page -> click Drivers & Downloads.
- Select the printer and the right printer driver for your OS.
- Proceed as prompted to download the driver and install the printer software.
Update for Lexmark printer:
- Go to: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=firmwareSupport&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US
- Enter your printer model in “What is your product?” -> Click Submit.
- If you are using Inkjet device, you will get three options (icons) for Windows (), Macintosh (), and Linux/Unix (). Choose the one depending on your computer.
- Click Download.
You may Save the file to update the firmware later, or Run directly.
If you require additional assistance regarding setup, installation, and update of your Lexmark printer, the technical team at Geek Squares can offer the needed help. Call on (800) 624-4491 to get immediate support. You will be required to provide printer model number to the technical person.