How to Uninstall Norton 360 Antivirus – Step By Step Guide
There could be various reasons why you want to uninstall Norton 360 antivirus software from your computer. One of the most important reasons could be to upgrade your antivirus to the latest version for better protection against threats. Another reason could be the expired subscription or to avail services of a different antivirus software. Also, there are times when viruses risk Norton 360 and you may need to uninstall it. Under these circumstances, it becomes mandatory to remove the program and then reinstall it for better virus protection. During the process, if you come across any problem, an experienced Norton 360 technical support team like Geek Squares can offer complete help. Their helpline number is displayed on their official website. The best thing about such team is that they are available 24/7 to respond to your queries.
Taking a support service is a great option if you can’t delve deep into technicalities and do not know the procedure to do it. And, if you want to do it yourself, you can do it with simple steps.
Uninstall Norton Antivirus product from Windows Control Panel:
Open Control Panel in one of the following ways:
- On the Windows Taskbar (Windows XP), click Start à choose Control Panel.
- When using Windows 8: Go to Apps à Click Control Panel under Windows System.
- When using Windows 10, click Start à All Apps à Click Control Panel under Windows System.
Take following actions:
- If using Windows XP: double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Windows Vista users: double-click Programs and Features.
- When using Windows 7 and Window 8: click Programs à Select Programs and Features.
The Program option is available in the Category option in the View by Drop-down list.
- Windows 10 users: Click Uninstall a program.
The list of currently installed programs will open. Take one of the following actions:
- Windows XP: Click your Norton product à Click Change/Remove.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10: Click your Norton product à click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
You need to restart your computer after the successful completion of the steps. Uninstall is not complete until you restart your PC.
Uninstalling Norton product from the Start Menu:
For Windows XP and 7:
- Click start on the Windows taskbar à All Programs/All Apps à Norton Security à Uninstall Norton Security.
- Follow prompts in the Norton removal wizard.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
For Windows 8/8.1:
- Right click Norton product on the Start screen à Click Uninstall.
- Click the Norton product from the list of installed programs à Click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
- Restart your PC to uninstall the product completely.
You can also uninstall the Norton product using Norton removal tool:
- Norton official website is the right source to get the removal tool. Download the tool and save it on the desktop.
- Make sure that no Norton Application window is open when you use the removal tool. Double click the downloaded file to start the tool. Windows Vista users should right-click on the downloaded file and choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Once the removal tool completes uninstallation, you should be prompted to restart your PC.
Norton Antivirus is one of the most important virus removal tools to detect and remove harmful or malicious programs from your PC. Its removal from your PC may be difficult, but can be done with the help of an expert.